Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm in love!

Every time I buy new yarn or new craft books or whatever I always feel like it's Christmas for me. Spending all night (after the girls and James have gone to bed) reading through my new book, petting my new yarn, etc. (Come on now, I know I'm not the only one that has done this.) This time though, I'm really in love.

Last week I had ordered the Learn to Knit Socks on Two Circular Needles kit that includes some KP Bare Superwash (yes, because I suck at wool yarn unless I'm intending to felt) 2 size 2 24" circular needles, and the Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles book by the very awesome Cat Bordhi.


Learn to socks on 2 circular needles kit

I can not wait to get started on this. Don't get me wrong now, knitting is knitting but knitting on DPN's drive me insane. I don't get any ladders so that's not a problem for me but it seems like right when I get my flow on it's time to switch needles again. Plus, I'm hoping that it'll take some of the guessing work out of how many stitches need to go on which needles.
Oh, yes, and the yarn I have plans of dying (which I've had success with in the past, and showing result of what I made). But I'm going to be a little daring and try to make self striping yarn using this tutorial here.

No comments: