Thursday, November 29, 2007

Return to Neverland

Around our house, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy, John, Michael, and the Lost Boys are pretty much everyday words we hear. Occassionally K.'s dog Lady will play the roll of "Nana". The girls love to play pretend and L. always ends up being Peter Pan (maybe it's because he wears tights, or maybe it's because he can fly, who knows) Awhile ago I had purchased Simplicity #9862 with (good intentions) of making L. the Peter Pan costume for Halloween. After her changing her mind a gazillion times, I figured that it would just get put on hold (after all, these things take time ya know) and wait for her to decide "when" she wanted to be Peter Pan (whether it was for Halloween or not).

The movie Peter Pan Return to Neverland came out this past Tuesday and the girls are all excited about it. So, I thought to commemorate the occassion I would bring out the pattern and at least make her the Peter Pan hat.

Peter Pan
(In the picture above, L. is looking for Peter Pan. At night, the girls look for the second star to the right and hope that Peter Pan will come and go "off to Neverland")

I used some green wool felt that I had laying around and after sticking a feather in it (now I have the Yankee Doodle song stuck in my head for some strange reason) L. is officially ready for the new Pan movie.

2 comments:

Tip Junkie said...

Too Cute!! I love the idea.

Angie said...

Thank you very much tip junkie!