Thursday, May 8, 2008

A few more recons

Yesterday I had posted a few recons that I've done and today I did just two more. L. picked out the fabric for her dress and K. picked out which shirt she wanted re-done out of the "what can we make out of these" clothing pile that has accumulated in my craft room.

L. had no choice however which shirt was going to be re-done. Her's was a plain white shirt that had a nice chocolate milk stain down the front bottom half of it. So I hacked it in half then hacked off the sleeves. The fabric was what she had picked out (which I was shocked that she picked this particular fabric because it's not purple, although it does have cherries and strawberries on it).


L.'s shirt before

L.'s shirt before

L.'s shirt turned into a dress

L.'s shirt turned dress

I even made my own bias tape to go around the raw edge of the sleeves that I hacked off. I'm not happy with how tiny it came out though. I think I bought the 1" size bias tape maker but I can't remember.

Made my own bias tape

The shirt K. picked out is actually her shirt from last Valentine's Day. To go with it, she picked out some Valentine's Day fabric that I had in my stash. It does however look really cute and I guess at first glance you wouldn't be able to tell that it was actually a Valentines Day dress. Either way, it looks really cute on her.

K.'s shirt before

K.'s shirt before

K.'s shirt turned dress

K.'s shirt turned dress

I tell ya, I'm on a roll with this whole recon thing. On a side note, the baby robin count is now up to 3 with one egg still needing to hatch. And yes, the girls do think it's hilarious that Mama Robin sits on her babes.

4 comments:

alittlebitofscrap said...

Oh so cute! Do you remember the t-shirt dress phase and they'd be decorated with puff paint? I had one of those and actually made myself a couple dresses like you are making the girls way back then :) Love what you are doing... and the robins.. Adorable!

Angie said...

Thanks Lisa! And yes, I do remember that phase. My friends and I got together and made shirts with all our names and stuff on each one. Strangely, we thought we were cool.

sewtakeahike said...

these are both adorable!!! Nice work on refashioning!

Angie said...

Thank you penny!