Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

And to think..............
(left photo is of K. and I when she was 2, right photo is of me breastfeeding L.)

And to think that I never wanted kids. Glad I didn't miss out. I've had tons of jobs, working at a movie theater (which meant coming home smelling like popcorn each night, yuk!), worked in mostly doctor offices, did X-rays, and was the bookkeeper for my Dad's company for 3 years. But I have to say that my most favorite job of all time is being a Mother. The hours are long, I don't get weekends off, my boss' are very bossy, I feel over worked sometimes, and sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out.

I do however, get the best artwork anyone could ever ask for, I get to hear daily "I love you!", their hugs I wouldn't miss for the world, when they are sick my heart breaks for them, I get flowers picked just for me when we go on a walk, I can have a conversation about anything with them, there is always laughter, I have an excuse to go skipping down the street, I also have an excuse to act like a complete goof and get roars of laughter, the term "Girl's Night Out" has a whole new meaning, but best of all, I get to watch them grow and learn about the world around them.

I had K. when I was young. 19 to be exact. And while some people would call what I did a mistake, I think the bigger mistake would be to not even have her at all. My kids are the reason why I get up in the morning (mainly because K. is an early bird). They make me happy and I'm so proud that God picked me to be their Mother. It's a tough job sometimes being a Mom but I look at them at night while their sleeping and wouldn't want my life any other way.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Renna said...

I, too, was one who never wanted kids. I'd get much more excited over a new puppy than someone's new baby. At 19, I got pregnant, then got married (reverse order of God's plan, I know) and had my first child. He's 32 now, and I simply cannot imagine how empty my life would have been without him, or his little sis who came along 8 1/2 years later.

I enjoyed your sweet Mother's Day post. :-)

Angie said...

Well Happy Mother's Day to you renna. I'm very glad that K. did come along because the best memories I have are from her and L.