Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new project for the New Year

(I missed by own blog-aversary. On January 1, 2007 I started my blog and posted my very first project. It's hard to believe that in just one year, I taught myself how to knit and how to sew. Wonder what 2008 has in store for me?)

One thing that I've always wanted to do was make an afghan. My Mom has made baby afghans for her friends grandchildren, baby size afghans for both my girls, and when her and my Dad were first married (and had no $$$) she made afghans to give to both of her sisters for Christmas one year. I've had this book Afghans by the Pound for quite sometime now with (very) good intentions of making an afghan from it. I kept putting it off for one reason or another thinking that it was to big of a project for me. My Mom and I went shopping at JoAnn's last Friday and she purchased yarn to make the (very beautiful) Ocean Waves Throw and I guess that's what kicked this project in gear.



New project for the New Year

I'm making both of my girls an afghan and if it takes me all year or a month, I will be very happy that I decided to tackle this project. K.'s afghan is the Striped Shells pattern from Afghans by the Pound and being that I've always wanted to make an afghan of granny squares I figured I would make L.'s afghan using the basic granny square pattern from Crochet Today!. Also, I'm working (or trying to) on both afghans at the same time so hopefully I will get them done around the same time. That way it doesn't end up that one girl gets hers and the other has to wait for months or a year to get hers.

No comments: