Saturday, November 24, 2007

Granny Jammy Pants for L.

I've had these granny jammies that are my absolute favorite. They were soft and wore-in just right (and oh so comphy!) Everytime I would wear them L. would say that they were her favorite too and that she wants "granny jammies" just like mine. While we are saving $$$ right now for Christmas I knew that James would be upset if I told him that I needed to buy more fabric and another pattern (even though I know that Simplicity #3552 would look absolutely adorable on her) so that I could make L. some granny jammies. (Especially after everything I've just bought) So I put my brain in gear and (while I was a smidge hesitant) cut up my granny jammies and made L. a pair of granny jammie pants.

The pattern I used is Simplicity #4336 and it's such of a nice pattern for just basic pj pants. I also used the hem from the bottom of the granny jammies as the hem for the pants.

Granny Jammy Pants for L.
L. absolutely loves them and I'm happy (and a smidge sad) that she can now wear Mama's granny jammies.

2 comments:

Renna said...

What a selfless and giving thing to do. I'm sure it will create a memory of you in your dd's mind (and heart!) that she'll carry with her always.

Angie said...

Awww! Thank you very much rennagayle for the very kind words. I guess as a Mother it just comes naturally to do selfless acts for my children. How can we teach our children to be selfless if we are not selfless?