Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thrift Shopping

It has been a long time since I've been thrift shopping and today L. and I decided to go. I absolutely love going thrift shopping and sometimes I found some really good things and other times it seems like such a waste. I was really glad that I did go and got some fun stuff for me and the girls. I mostly go to thrift stores to look for linens, bed sheets to use as fabric, clothes for my girls or myself, and craft books. The one I go to usually have some really nice old craft books.

Today was just my luck and I was able to pick up 3 craft books. One sewing, one crochet, and one about buttons.

Sewing with the New Knits
This sewing book didn't have a price on it and when I asked the lady she (after giving me a rude look thinking that I took the price tag off on purpose) said "$0.20". It is copyrighted in 1975 and even though I haven't had time to actually sit down and read it, it looks like it'll be a nice book for some good reference.
Then I found a crochet book from Better Homes and Gardens. I didn't even look through it yet, I just seen that it was for $2.00 so I grabbed it. It is copyrighted in 1984
Better Homes and Gardens Crochet
Then lastly I found this craft book about buttons. Once again, no looking through, I just thought that it would make an interesting book to have. Paid $1.00 for it and is copyrighted in 1991.
The Button Lovers Book
Then I found the girls the ever so awesome game of Chutes and Ladders. I use to love this game as a child.
Chutes and Ladders
Then L. found (yes she did) the cutest little hippo salt n pepper shakers.
Hippo Salt & Pepper Shakers
It was a good day and L. and I had fun. We only spent $7.99 and had $$$$ left over to pick us up some lunch on the way home.

No comments: