Friday, April 13, 2007

Spool Loom Flower Brooch

I was messing around last night with my Spool Loom by Knifty Knitter and was trying to figure out a way to make a pretty something (I only use it to make I-Cords handles for purses). Well, I finally got it and after adding a button and a pin backing I am quite pleased with it.

My new creation


(showing how I attached the pin backing with just some simple hot glue)


I have made a few more (one using some vintage cotton yarn that my Grandma gave me) and they all just need buttons and pin backings.

It is really super easy and I am going to write up a tutorial tonight (of how I do it, not sure if it's the correct way to do it or not but it works for me).

I am guessing any yarn will work with it. The yarn I used for this one is Sugar n' Cream Hot Pink and the other yarn I used is Red Heart 100% cotton yarn (that my Grammy gave to me).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

Have you published instructions for your spool loom flower brooch? I'd like to give them with the spool knitter I plan to give my crafty 10 yr old niece. Thanks, Allyson