Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Inviting Spring to come

This is usually the time of the year when I want Winter to be done and over and want Spring to arrive. With that in mind, I thought that I would very nicely invite Spring to come join us soon (after all, after Spring comes Summer and to me, that's cook-out season). I've had this pattern saved in my favorites since probably last Summer. But at that time the thought of knitting with DPN's freaked me out and I was (eventually) going to make a crocheted version of the pattern.

So yesterday I got started on the project and finished it up today. The freakin' i-cord is what took me the longest. *knit, knit, knit, knit, slide* repeat from * to *. aauugghh! But now it's done and being that it's done, I want winter to be done and Spring to arrive. So, in (kindly) inviting Spring to arrive, I present to you my Summer Walk purse.


Inviting Spring to come

Spring/Summer Essentials

With only the essentials in hand so I can still run around with my kids without a big lugging purse in tow.

The pattern is Summer Walk, a free pattern from Lion Brand that uses their Magic Stripe yarn (which is now discontinued, but I heard from a little birdie that they are coming out with self-striping sock yarn shortly that's suppose to replace Magic Stripes) and the only mod that I made was that I reversed the pattern. It's suppose to be knitted from the bottom up but I can't increase on a purl row to save my life. So, I improvised and started from the top and worked my way down and instead of garter stitch for the bottom I just used stockinette stitch. Then picked up stitches for my flap, then picked up stitches again for the i-cord strap.

No comments: