Monday, December 17, 2007

Handmade Christmas gift - WIP

K.'s class is having a Christmas party and I was thinking and thinking of a gift to make for her teacher and her music teacher. I figured that with time running out it had to be something quick but nice. I thought about making her teacher a pencil case but I have never done zippers before and also I can't find my zipper foot.

So, after much debating, I finally came up with it. I have to wait to finish it when K. comes home because I need her help with the back part of it. It is really cute and after I get theirs done, I'm thinking of making one for myself.

It's going to be a door knob hanger and is made with this really nice wool felt that I found up at my Mom's house, fabric scraps, and buttons from my stash. Everything I am using on this project is all coming from my stash which I love because it means that I don't have to go out (in this blistering cold weather) and buy things. I'll post pictures once I get them all done.


Christmas present WIP

No comments: