Friday, October 19, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was a rather somewhat busy day. Not to busy to the point of exhaustion but just busy enough to keep us going.
Yesterday Homework

When K. got home from school her and L. got a snack and then it was off to do her homework. (I have her do her homework when she gets home from school. I figure that way then it doesn't get forgotten about and she has the rest of the afternoon/evening to play and be a kid.) Her class is reading the story Henry and Mudge and the Starry Night. It's an interesting book, one that I might have to read myself. They go on a camping trip and find a waterfall and all other sorts of exciting things. K. loves to read and I love that she loves to read. I've read to her ever since she was brought home from the hospital 7 1/2 years ago.

After snack was ate and homework was read, we headed upstairs so that I could get back to work. They played dress up and then decided to come join me in my room and color. Now, maybe most children have their crayons still in the box and pick out one, use it, then put it back into the box, but not my girls. When they color, they will literally take up a whole room. Crayons, glue, glitter, paint, markers, paper (tons of it), are spread out all over the place. They need their space to create and imagine a world that they transfer from their mind to their paper. I love children's artwork. I think that it shows us the world through their eyes.

Yesterday Coloring
And while they were busy doing a little work of their own, I was busy doing mine. I've made good progress on a project that I'm working on for L. I just have to put it together now and it will be complete.
Yesterday WIP
On this project, it's my first time doing free motion embroidery (I think that's what it is called) and I have to say that, once you get the hang of it, it's really fun to do.

No comments: