Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Crafting for a private swap

I've been really busy over the past week. The main reason is because I'm participating in a private swap with tinyneedles over on Flickr. She has this purse that is really pretty and I really wanted it. In exchange I would make her an apron. So that is just what I've been doing and while I can't post any actual pictures of the apron because if she hops on over here it'll spoil her surprise for her. (and we don't want that to happen now do we?) But like her I'll give you a little sneak peak at the fabric I've chosen for her apron.



The white (yes it is white, the lighting in my room gave it this weird yellow hue on it) and blue polka dot one I got at Salvation Army a while back and the navy blue floral fabric is actually given to me by my Grandma. She was cleaning out her (what use to be) sewing room (and now it is just a junk room that I said I'd come up and help her clean out one day because I know she has some hidden crafting treasures in their) and found this fabric and gave it to me. Oh, how I so badly want to take a picture of her apron. It is really pretty and I drafted it up from my own pattern, which I have to say that I am pretty darn proud of myself for. I'll post pictures of it though as soon as she receives it.

A couple other things as little extras that I made for her (because she is a knitter and LOVES to knit) is a DPN case which I found in her favorites and clicked on the link in the picture and came across the tutorial. Which I might add that if you are a knitter and want to give it a go at sewing but don't want to make the cliche pillow, I would give this a go because it is SUPER SUPER SUPER easy and you can complete it in about 30 minutes. Or if you are like me and have 2 kids pulling on your leg saying that they have to go potty, or they need you to get them unstuck or whatever reason, you sorda, kinda, don't really pay attention and didn't put right sides together but you didn't realize it until it was completely stitched up. Yes, that is what happens to me when I try to get something done in a jiffy with me hoping that the girls will keep themselves occupied for a little bit. So, if this happens to you add on about an extra 15-20 minutes of time with your friend and mine, the seam ripper. So I digress. I also made her some stitch markers because we ALL know that those little buggers get lost in the couch, vacuumed up, or for some reason just dissappear into thin air.

The DPN case is made from some vintage fabric that I had left over from this purse that I got at a garage sale at the beginning of the summer, and the stitch markers were made from glass beads, head pins, and jump rings.

I'm going to throw in a few more little extras for her because she was a MAJOR SWEETHEART and made my girls some hair clippys that are just so sweet and so precious and I know my girls will love them.

No comments: