Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Springy outfit

for L. (K.'s is on it's way, I made the elastic a smidge to big on her's so I have to go back and fix it then whip up a top for her.)

My Mom gave me yards and yards of this ladybug fabric and I'm finally putting it to some good use. So far out of it I've made L. a dress and now this top, and still have 1 yard out of the one section and a few (probably 3 maybe 4 yds) out of the other section. Not a clue what my Mom was thinking on making when she bought this fabric. Anyways, I'll take it and make L. some cute summery outfits out of it since she loves ladybugs.


Simplicity 4336 and Butterick 4910

Simplicity 4336 and Butterick 4910

The peasant top is made from Butterick 4910 which is a pj pattern (that I've already made for L. here) but I thought I could change it up a bit, shorten it and make her a cutesy little peasant top for the summer. The capri's are made from Simplicity 4336 (that I've made before in the past) which ironically are also a pj pattern.

Proof you can stay in your jammies all day

Scrunchy Face

But the best part that she loves about her outfit is that it matches her new cherry shoes. Yes, she's 3 years old and has to make sure that things match (sometimes, let me point reference to this picture here of an outfit she picked out to wear that day).

Her new cherry shoes

6 comments:

Samantha said...

That is adorable! I love it. :)

Angie said...

Thanks!

alittlebitofscrap said...

The shirt is super cute. I've been wanting to make some of those for a niece, but she lives far away and I don't want to get the neck measurement wrong. Maybe I can make some for her while I'm there. Your L. is very sweet! and I love what she's wearing and that she picked it out herself. :)

Angie said...

Thanks Lisa! I used Butterick 4910 and it comes with a "pattern" for the elastic for all the sizes. I even have the infamous Built by Wendy pattern and that too comes with a "pattern" to measure the elastic.

momof3girls said...

Cute, Cute! I have to make this for my 4 year old-only with a skirt. She refuses to wear pants or shorts! Guess I need to cherish it while it lasts! LOL!
Thanks for sharing.
Tammy

Angie said...

Thank you momof3girls! My girls love dresses but I still haven't quite figured out how to make skirts with little shorts under them. I found a tutorial a while ago but seem to have lost it.